Welcome to Family Faith Development at First Unitarian Church of Cincinnati!
If you are new to First Church, I want to extend an extra special welcome. Family Faith Development at First Church, what some other congregations might refer to as Religious Education, is markedly different from what you’ll find at some other UU congregations because our focus is on the family, not just the child. We understand your life is busy. We understand that, at times, you feel overburdened with the work of raising a family. But, we also understand that you are your child’s greatest teacher. While we might have only 40 hours in a given year to influence your child, you, as their parent, have over 3,000 hours. Therefore, we are committed to partnering with you, to offer programming that not only fits into your busy schedule but that eases your burden as well.
If you would like to learn more about Family Faith Development's philosophy and policies, make sure to check out our overview. To learn more about our programming, including your child's curriculum for the year, be sure to take a look at our prospectus. Below, you will find a description of what your child will be learning, and doing, this coming Sunday, as well as a list of upcoming events and opportunities.
- Meredith Plummer, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
This Sunday, September 15th
- Preschool - Kindergarten - Today, your child will learn that everyone is special. They will read On the Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier, and create crowns.
- 1st - 3rd Grade: Today, your child will be introduced to 'The Rainbow Path' (i.e. our 7 principles), and begin creating rainbow bookmarks (they'll continue to work on these bookmarks all year during story time).
- 4th - 5th Grade: Today, your child will visit ancient Egypt. They'll hear the ancient Egyptian creation story, and learn a bit about ancient Egyptian death rituals. Did you know the ancient Egyptians were one of the first civilizations to believe in an afterlife?
- Jr. High: Today, your Youth will be introduced to this year's curriculum - lodestone - start learning the names and faces of their peers, and share food and fun.
- Sr. High: Today, your youth will be introduced to the concept of faith and the models of faith development, see that there are multiple pathways for faith development, and reflect on their personal faith journeys.
Register Your Child(ren) and Youth
Now is the time to register your child(ren) and/or youth for Sunday School and/or Youth Group. By registering, you're not only providing us with important information so we can better serve your family, but your ensuring you remain in-the-loop. Family Faith Development emails only go to registered families. Click on your child's class below to register.
Infant / Toddlers
Preschool - Kindergarten
1st - 3rd Grade
4th - 5th Grade
Jr. High (6th - 8th Grade)
Sr. High (9th - 12th Grade)
Adulting Classes for Teens
These classes, offered every three months will help teens address the practical problems in their lives. Click on the flier below to register.
Parents' Night Out
Let's face it, you need a break, and so do your children. Click on the flier below to register.